Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Will someone please go tell this woman she is a fauxtog?

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    EvilDaystar
    Participant
    DH83
    Participant

Just so you all know. Anna is Ashley. Talking about having called the cops on herself to try to get you all to shut up. But as someone said, she is not very smart. Ashley, people are allowed to have any opinion they want of your “work”. Ever hear of an art critic? You put your shit photos on a public forum. Their quality is being discussed publicly. If someone said “Omg, Ashley has herpes so you shouldn’t hire her, and she has electrocuted three babies by wrapping them up in live electrical wires”. That would be libelous. Saying that you over edit, use a direct flash, and have no right to call yourself a professional are all true statements.

lolkat
    Participant

Wow…. I had my suspicions. Makes sense- random poster shows up vehemently defending Ashley with ridiculous reasoning and horrible spelling, and then also just so happens to get a phone call from the authorities threatening her to stop “slandering” her (which doesn’t make sense, anyway, when she wasn’t even the one speaking negatively about her work). I think you should just keep doing what you’ve been doing- your “business” will eventually peter out. You attract low class clients with low class work, so it is no skin off any legitimate photographer’s nose, anyway, because they aren’t marketing to your type of clients in the first place. So keep on keepin’ on, fauxtog.

fstopper89
    Participant

WOW! Makes sense now! I was quite confused with her statement too since she’d never said anything before. And really, how would the Canadian authorities find out all of our phone numbers and give us a call? I’m aware it’s not impossible, with how un-private our lives are with the internet (if someone really wanted to, they could find out who we were through this site, then maybe find our facebook page, then maybe innocently ask a friend if they knew our number, really not THAT difficult). After all I had messaged her via my personal FB page so she knows my real name. There’s really nothing illegal being done here, this is all publicly-posted information on her part that we are commenting on. Now, if we’d go and send messages to all of her friends or people who like her photography work, and spout out slanderous words about how they should not be patronizing her business, that may be illegal (though, I don’t know Canadian laws). She is the most unprofessional person I’ve even run across. Wanna bet her business isn’t even legitimate at all? Maybe she should be reported to whomever deals with taxes in Canada (again, I have no idea about it since I’m in the US). Her spelling and writing mistakes are definitely not typos either. Especially not with random capitalized letters in the middle of the sentence and three commas used in a row. The occasional spelling mistake by anyone is perfectly permissible though proofreading is preferred, but I honestly believe there’s something severely misfiring in her brain!

Judging from the horrible photos of her own wedding, she probably “learned” from that fauxtographer.

The cowboy hat photo could have been done better on my cell phone.

Ashley, you need at least a 2-year sabbatical from taking clients altogether.

EvilDaystar
    Participant

“Wanna bet her business isn’t even legitimate at all? Maybe she should be reported to whomever deals with taxes in Canada (again, I have no idea about it since I’m in the US).”

In the province of Quebec, for example, you don’t have to collect or remit sales taxes if your business will be making less than 30,000$ in sales.  I’m not sure about the province of Ontario. Hopefully she’s declaring her revenue as personal income tax but there’s no way to check for that.

“The cowboy hat photo could have been done better on my cell phone.”

Yeah … that’s a really bad shot.

Alley Lynn 2675
    Participant

I was looking the link posted above for Markaela’s Photography. Hats off to this young lady for pursuing what she loves. However – this little baby crying as it’s being smothered in feathers is not cute! Looks traumatic to me. The poor thing is going to have a feather phobia & only know why because of this crude documentation. If the child started to become upset he should have been handled immediately. Not photographed & posted.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=480720261962670&set=pb.471447366223293.-2207520000.1357102452&type=3&theater

fstopper89
    Participant

Markaela’s work is beyond horrible also. She uses a point and shoot (there’s a picture of it somewhere in her albums). I commented on the abovementioned photo “traumatized baby?” after someone had commented “This is so good!” on the same photo… and she deleted my comment and blocked me from her page. lol. Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut. She obviously knows she’s not good. I just feel like I HAVE to say something once in awhile. I mean her page intro even says “I love photography and I believe that with the will power I can do it!” Being a photographer takes so much more than will power, ugh! I’ll never understand the ridiculousness that goes on within this site (of the images posted/linked) and seriously wonder if these fauxtogs’ IQs fall in the extremely low range… there is no way a person with a normal awareness level can be producing this kind of work and actually believing it’s worth paying clients.

fstopper89
    Participant

Bahaha… out of boredom I saw Markaela’s personal page (she’d commented on her photography page via her personal one, so I clicked on it, trying to see if she had more photos) there was a screenshot of someone ranting about her on some FB group page, and in it they claimed her to “be running a fauxtography business.” We’re not the only ones.

Katie
    Participant
    fstopper89
    Participant

Katie, that maternity pic is bad, but you should have seen the ones by Ashley. They made my eyes burn! The link to her page was somewhere in her thread. It was a nude couple with the guy using his hands to cover her chest and some had marker written on her belly that said “this is what happens when mommy asks for a back rub!”

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.