Home Forums Main YANAP Discussion Forum Sh*t fauxtogs say (feel free to add your own)

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    BradleyDasy

как пользоваться дневником punto switcher punto switcher официальный сайт скачать бесплатно.

Astanax

First off, I am not a professional photographer, but I like to think myself capable enough of teaching my friends and family basic photography. A friend added me to a Facebook group for parents in the local area. A woman was soliciting her photography business. However, she was going about it by saying she just bought a “very nice camera” and in order to build up her photography skills from nothing, she was going to take free photos of people for said photography business. However, she wanted to charge them $50 for her to buy a memory card for their photos to be on. People came in droves and she soon became booked for the next two months. It was surprising because the photos she did show on her personal Facebook page was horrible. I guess the woman was soon sniffed out as a fauxtog, because now her Facebook photos are all set to private. Still, the fauxtog said the photos were free, but it cost $50 for the SD memory cards.

The holiday season is quickly upon us. I have taught my wife some of what I know about photography based on her level of comprehension, and she can take decent to good photos. We learned that the local portrait studio was hiring people to be seasonal photographers. I’ve noticed this photography studio only hired women. I learned that one of the women photographers, for some reason, loathes male photographers. So, with my wife unemployed, I decided to get her an interview with the portrait studio instead of applying myself. We struck up a conversation with one of the hopeful photographers. The woman we were talking to said she used to work at a portrait studio, then quit to start her photography business that fizzled out. So she was applying again for this portrait studio. My wife talked about how she loves her Nikon DSLR and such. She then asked this woman about her camera. The woman said, “I don’t know what the make or model of my camera is. I just know it is kind of small, and has a 26x something? I just know I can zoom really far!” I talked to an employee of the photo studio while my wife was being interviewed. She knew what camera they used for the portrait studio, but the company forbid them from touching anything on the camera except for the shutter button. The woman hoping to be hired that didn’t know what her camera even was then piped up and said, “It doesn’t matter the camera! The picture goes straight into the computer as soon as you take it, and it uses programs to automatically make the photos look good! You can even take bad photos, and the computers used by the portrait studio will still make them look good!” When my wife got through with her interview, I told her she was overqualified. Sure enough, on another trip to the portrait studio, there was the fauxtographer, taking photos as the newly hired photographer.

Astanax

I just followed up with the first fauxtog mentioned. She deleted all “negative” comments, including mine where I told her she shouldn’t charge for memory cards when they can be used over and over again, unlike a roll of actual film. Someone asked (months ago, mind you) for a sample of her photos. In true fauxtog form, she wrote: “Still trying to find the right cords & memory cards with my stuff. Not to mention I’ve been through a couple phones & laptops (where pics were saved.) They all crash because of my photos.”

cameraclicker
    Participant

For a mall or main street studio that specializes in portraits, it makes some sense to hire someone who can get the subject to deliver a nice smile and pleasing pose, even if they know almost nothing about photography.  Set the camera to the shutter speed just below sync ( this works best for my studio strobes), aperture to f/8, and ISO to 100.  Then place the lamps to deliver the lighting ratio and power for the camera settings.  Now you just have to worry about focus and a smile.  At f/8, you probably have enough DOF to permit focus to be slightly off without major penalty.

You see exactly the same thing every year when the studios set up for Meet & Greet Santa.  The camera is locked down on a tripod of some sort, lighting is fixed, probably even focus is fixed.  Just have the child sit on Santa’s lap and press the button.  The camera is tethered to a computer and in a moment or two a print comes off the printer.  Very little expertise is required since someone else has worked out the details, and all the photos look the same.

bullin

If you are in the urgent need for loan of money as I was, then don’t hesitate.
    Please get in contact with this organization which made me smile on the lips.
    My first name and my name is Cécile BULLIN. I currently live in Mably to Paris POSTALCODE: 42300 Department: Loire REGION: Rhône-Alpes, I send this message to trustedpeople who were scammed by crooks net who portray themselves as a lender, me Igot a loan of € 80,000 and I have several
    colleagues who have also received loans at its level without problems instead
    you do have by ill-intentioned individuals, who take for
    work to defraud the innocent and I publish is message because it
    me good with this loan and do not be discouraged because I this
    do twice that I myself do have, but the 3rd time I’ve met this
    honest and generous organization then please get in touch with her and his mail here:
    Mail: in financebanque@aim.com

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.