Home Forums Main YANAP Discussion Forum Meg Bitton webinar

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    missmiija
    Participant

Has anyone ever taken a webinar or workshop with her?  I would be interested in hearing an honest review.  I like her editing most times.  What I like is the rich yet velvety matte she seems to achieve.  I’ve been experimenting and somehow always fall short.  Just wondering if her workshops are worth the pricey investment.  I don’t mind shelling it out if it’s worth it.

nesgran
    Participant

there’s a thread a couple of weeks old where someone wrote about it. My feeling is you can do a lot better for that money elsewhere though

cameraclicker
    Participant

I agree with Nesgran.  I remember being a bit outraged when I saw the price for her webinar.   You would probably get more value from going through the Adobe tutorials and joining NAPP:  http://photoshopuser.com/

missmiija
    Participant

Thank you, I appreciate it.  I will look into that.

ebi
    Participant

i’m actually surprised. I like of a lot of her work. I was totally expecting boring photos but I quite like them, with a few exceptions. I hate her website though. I want to navigate myself. I hate slideshows.

nesgran
    Participant

indeed, I don’t get kiddie photography but hers I like. She is definitely good at what she does and she has worked out how she can charge well for it. From what the guy who’d taken the class there were a couple more people there at least which means the hour and a half it took she’d easily earn a couple of thousand and I imagine she doesn’t have to prepare much for each webinar (what kind of a stupid name isn’t that anyway)

fstopper89
    Participant

Her editing style isn’t personally my style (somewhat, but it’s too soft and matte for me) as I am a little more into crisp, clean colors but do like the occasional matte or hazy style. She really smooths the look of the skin. I follow her on FB and Flickr as her work is very good. But quite honestly I don’t know if I’d hire her to take my photos due to the style just not being quite like mine.

Marco
    Participant

This is a review of the speed editing class. I felt that I do need to put it out since we all need some reviews before we buy something. About me I know Photoshop decently well.

This editing is not meant for beginners in Photoshop. Its an utter waste. Reason the editing dives into parts of Photoshop that is not easy to understand for a beginner. If you know Curves, levels, color balance, solid color and other adjustment layers well then it might be for you
    The editing is fast. So fast that you dont even have time to take notes. In the end you will just know what process she used. Is it Curves, levels, color balance, solid color or etc. Thats it. By the time you write something done she would have gone few steps ahead.

Its not worth it since I felt I just say her editing but I did not learn anything specific but I got some direction on how to get the look she gets. I think thats her aim. She does not want to give people her exact settings so that they can duplicate it but to just give a hint. And you on your own have to experiment.

She alters the facial structure. If you see a video of image submitted by meg to FroKnow photo podcast you will see that she has altered the structure of the face to make it appealing. Am in for removing blemishes but altering the shape of the persons face, eyes is up for debate.

You cannot see the video again. So there is no way you can see each step to understand it at your pace. This is where I found that its not worth it.

To sum it up. Its not for beginners, it goes so fast that you feel that you paid too much for just seeing a very fleeting glance of how she edits. I just wrote what I learn and this is all what you will remember too.

Am sorry Meg. I felt that I need to put in the review just like we do it in Amazon so people can make a better decision about the money they are spending.

A better alternative is to check out Lisa Holloways editing. She offers a much better deal. You can see it later on. Understand why she does it. And its way way worth it for the money she charges when its on sale.

bullin

If you are in the urgent need for loan of money as I was, then don’t hesitate.
    Please get in contact with this organization which made me smile on the lips.
    My first name and my name is Cécile BULLIN. I currently live in Mably to Paris POSTALCODE: 42300 Department: Loire REGION: Rhône-Alpes, I send this message to trustedpeople who were scammed by crooks net who portray themselves as a lender, me Igot a loan of € 80,000 and I have several
    colleagues who have also received loans at its level without problems instead
    you do have by ill-intentioned individuals, who take for
    work to defraud the innocent and I publish is message because it
    me good with this loan and do not be discouraged because I this
    do twice that I myself do have, but the 3rd time I’ve met this
    honest and generous organization then please get in touch with her and his mail here:
    Mail: in financebanque@aim.com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.