Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Is she a Fauxtog or has this site made me critical?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JenSan
    Participant

I am not a professional photographer. I love to take pictures but feel that doing it professionally would be too stressful and take all the fun out of it. I’ll just stick to taking photos of my family. I have been lurking on this site for a while and have learned a lot. What I am wondering is if this site has made me too critical of “professional” photographers. A family member had her photos taken by one of these “Professionals”. While looking at the pictures I kept thinking how terrible they were. I think one important step to improving my own photos is to recognize bad ones so I know what not to do. While I don’t have to worry about professional results, I do want the best photos of my family I can take. This is her Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/photographsbykatherine/timeline

I almost want to say something to her (family member) but don’t want to be rude.

tealgreen1985
    Participant

I wouldn’t say anything to them, its not your place. That’s like telling some one how ugly a dress is they just bought with out them asking for your opinion, its just rude. I do agree that those photos on that FB page are not that great, but there is nothing you can do about them. I would say to maybe message your family and say something like ” Hey I saw you got your photos done, you know I am always here for you if you want new photos in the future”. Keep it short and sweet and you don’t have to lie about not liking them, just don’t mention the quality at all. (Unless they ask, then its fair game lol )

JenSan
    Participant

Thanks for responding! You are absolutely right. It would be very rude to say something. I really don’t have the right to criticize other people’s photos because mine are far from perfect. The difference is, I have never charged anyone one penny. I can’t imagine the frustration real professionals feel when they see someone taking money and presenting bad pictures. Oh my, I really think I have become a photo snob!

Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

Not a snob, you just recognize a crap photo when you see one, which is more than “Katherine” can do.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.