Home Forums Let’s Talk Photography Dog-ography by Nikon

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    EyeDocPhotog
    Participant

If a Nikon was in my arsenal, they would have an instant sale  for my golden retriever Dory (although the product does still appear to be in R&D, perhaps not even seriously at that).

cameraclicker
    Participant

You could do it fairly easily.  You could enlist the help of a local metal fabricator to get an ‘L’ shaped bracket to fit a harness like the one here:  http://katok9gear.mybigcommerce.com/atilla-leather-dog-harness/   Then you could use the tripod mount on your 7D Mk II, to mount the camera to the bracket.

Put a 50 mm f/1.8 lens on it, set it to auto focus.  Set the 7D to ‘P’ mode.  In the menus, choose Interval Timer under the fourth square of the left camera icon.  Set it enabled, set a suitable interval time, perhaps a minute or two, then set the number of shots to 99.  Mount the camera on the dog, depress the shutter release all the way and let the dog go.

Turning off the camera will stop interval exposures if the dog comes back before the camera gets through the 99 shots.

Sharra
    Participant

There’s always attaching a GoPro for video and pulling out the frames you like. Less weight for the dog to lug around, too.

EyeDocPhotog
    Participant

These Nikon folks have apparently created a pulse-meter in their whole setup which detects a rise in heart rate to determine what Dory is ‘excited’ to see.

I want to KNOW when we’re out for a late night walk if she ‘gets the irony’ of the rapper in the penthouse of my building get out of his Bugatti and steps over the homeless guy sitting on the curb. If Nikon’s got that licked, I’ll invest in them for sure.

nesgran
    Participant

shame it was all a fake

EyeDocPhotog
    Participant
    GeorgeKoenig
    Participant

Thanks for sharing.

EyeDocPhotog
    Participant

You’re most welcome!!  🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.