Home Forums Let’s Talk Photography 500px Terms and Conditions ?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    christhornton983
    Participant

I stopped using 500px long time ago, as a professional photographer my main concern was that they: TAKE the TOTAL ownership of uploaded content. Might not be the case for pro account but for the free ones it is in their Terms and Conditions. Recently I was “spammed” to check out a site called YouPic. I must say I really enjoyed the Experience, much more 2015 than 500px. Also as you might have guessed I totally checked out the terms and conditions on YouPic and they do not steal rights to the photos. 500px does unfortunately. I think they will lose many users to the new kid in town. The concentration on YouPic seems to be about inspiration and getting better photos. And the amazing 10 000 views in less than 2 days on my photography was a wow experience.

cameraclicker
    Participant

I thought you were crazy, but you are not.  Here is what it says:
    “The license granted to 500px includes the right to use your Content fully or partially for promotional reasons and to distribute and redistribute your Content to other parties, web-sites, applications, and other entities, provided such Content is attributed to you in accordance with the credits (i.e. username, profile picture, photo title, descriptions, tags, and other accompanying information) if any and as appropriate, all as submitted to 500px by you; ”

and:

“You represent and warrant that:

You are the owner of all rights, including all copy rights in and to all Content you submit to the site;
    You have the full and complete right to enter into this agreement and to grant to 500px the rights in the Content herein granted, and that no further permissions are required from, nor payments required to be made to any other person in connection with the use by 500px of the Content as contemplated herein; and
    The Content does not defame any person and does not infringe upon the copyright, moral rights, publicity rights, privacy rights or any other right of any person, or violate any law or judicial or governmental order.

You shall not have any right to terminate the permissions granted herein, nor to seek, obtain, or enforce any injunctive or other equitable relief against 500px, all of which such rights are hereby expressly and irrevocably waived by you in favour of 500px.”

zeeshan002
    Participant

The photog really fucked this up, so i guess a it’s a real photographers opportunity, or the wedding guests.????

[url=http://www.solitairecardgame.org/]http://solitairecardgame.org/[/url]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.